MBA applications are hard for any student. Most aspirant who wants to study in USA for their MBA the application process is long and hard. One major aspect of MBA applications is the financing of the program. Studying abroad is not the same as studying in the home country, finance wise. Thankfully most universities in the USA offer financial aid to students including international students. To be able to do MBA in USA is not too hard thanks to the multiple options of scholarships, grants and work-study program.
How I got a full scholarship to do my MBA from USA
- I started my application process by sitting for the GMAT and TOEFL exam. I made sure to score at least 30 points higher in both exams than the university average.
- Most colleges have rolling admission meaning applications are accepted the whole year round. I put in my application at least 6 months prior to the start of the academic year.
- I had to also sit for an interview online before the final offer letter was offered. I made sure to not give practiced answers for the interview.
- The final letter was offered weeks after the interview and I managed to secure a full scholarship to not one but three universities. I went with the college which was my first choice.
Pointers to get a full scholarship for MBA in USA
- Research: There are many colleges that offer a quality MBA in USA. Researching all of the top colleges for their admission requirements for the program including financial aid is important. Colleges have tons of scholarships including ethnicity specific scholarships. Most students don’t do enough research and miss out on some great financial aid which is why experts advise taking your time while doing research.
- GMAT:Most colleges require either a GMAT or a GRE score to be submitted at the time of admission. To secure a scholarship to study in USA a good GMAT score is required. Having a high GMAT score is essential if the undergraduate GPA is on the lower end and will also help immensely you to stand out for scholarships.
- Early application: Colleges in the USA receive many applications from applicants around the world to do MBA in USA every academic year. It would be a safe practice to start the application process early. Putting in all documents and application form early will help your application stand out when the bulk of the applications is light increasing your chances of securing a full scholarship.
- Negotiating: If the applicant has multiple offer letters from different colleges it would be a good idea to negotiate with the college of choice. If one can point out that they have other if not better options on hand, the university of choice could make changes to their offer. However, be sure to be polite while doing so.
List of top scholarships to study in USA for Indian students
- Asian Women in Business Scholarships Fund: As the name says this scholarship fund is aimed towards Asian women studying business degrees in an accredited US university.
- Chicago Booth School of Business: This top business school has on offer the Ramakrishnan Family Scholarship and Akhtarali H. Tobbacowala Fellowship for Indian students doing MBA in USA.
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students: For Indian students who have secured a seat the famed Stanford Business School, there is the Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for all Indian graduate students.
- Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowships: The Fulbright-Nehru Fellowships is offered to any Indian student studying at any level at a USA university.
- Cornell University Tata Scholarship: Aimed at Indian students studying at Cornell University, this scholarship is financed by Tata.