Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham or, more popularly known as Amrita University, is one of the most sought after university located in South India. With campuses located in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala, the university has courses ranging from Arts, Science, Engineering, and Medicine to Ayurveda, Nursing, Social Work and Agricultural Sciences for students to choose from. The main campus is in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu and is spread in a massive area of 400 acres of land.
Advantages of studying at Amrita University:
- The courses offered to students cover a wide range of subjects. Students can choose broadly from undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs offered in Arts and Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Ayurveda, Business, Biotechnology, Communication, Dentistry, Education, Engineering, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy and Social Work.
- Amrita University grabbed a place in the list of Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020. It is placed in the 601 – 800 category.The university is one of the 17 universities from India and has competed with institutions from 70 countries to earn a place in this prestigious list.
The rankings were partly influenced by citation data, publication and crucial performance indicators related to teaching, knowledge transfer, research and international activity.
- The university has been ranked No.1 in International Outlook.
- According to the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), government if India, Amrita Universityis the 8th best university in India in 2019. The coveted position confirms that the university offers world-class infrastructure, quality education and research facilities, global exposure and practical training to its students.
- The university also allows its students to be a part of Student Exchange Programs, Dual Degree Programs and Integrated Degree Programs to gain international exposure and education.
- Approximately 12% of students at Amrita University are from foreign lands, which give the local students a chance to interact with students from other parts of the world and exchange ideas with each other.
- Diluting the boundaries of theory and practice is the Live inLabs program, which is an experientiallearning-based model for students to experience the ground reality of the situations and how to apply theory to practical use.
- More than 40 patents have been granted to the inventions and discoveries of the students of Amrita University,and over 100 are pending. It only emphasises the importance given to research work by the university curriculum so that students gain practical knowledge and hands-on experience.
- The university also boasts of 724 publications and 9346 citations in the year 2019.
- Amrita Universityis also the youngest Indian university to be awarded “A” grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). It only proves that the quality of higher education is excellent,which also means it has a well-structured curriculum, experienced faculty and excellent infrastructure to provide a world-class education to its students.
- There are approximately 12 students per staff member in the university as per the data available,which again emphasises the quality and attention given to the learning and development of on-campus students.
- Amrita Universityhas many awards and accolades to its credit. Swacch Campus Ranking Toper by the Government of India, Excellence Award by Kerala State Pollution Control Board, NLM – UNESCO award for Adult Literacy, National Bank for Agricultural and Rural Development award for Rural Innovations, winner of Facebook’s internet.org Innovation Challenge in India, UNESCO’s chair for Center for Women Empowerment and Gender Equality and National Award for being the best Technology Business Incubator in the country are some prestigious honors received by the students and faculty of the university for their excellent work in various fields of education and research.
All the points mentioned above highlight the quality of education provided to the students of Amrita University,which makes it one of the most sought after universities/colleges in Tamil Nadu and South India.